Sunday, May 17, 2015

March 2015

OK, since my friends and I that enjoy Stitch Fix always share and compare items we've received, I thought I'd start blogging it for them. It's easier than just texting our not so stellar iPhone pics to each other or Facetiming each other while we try everything on and get each other's opinions.
If you haven't heard of Stitch Fix I'll fill you in. You create a personalized style profile, schedule a “fix” for a $20.00 styling fee, then wait for your package to arrive at your doorstep that a stylist has put together based on your profile and or Pinterest board. They're like Santa's little helpers. You try everything on in the comfort of your own home, rather than dragging 3 or 4 kids into a dressing room with you. You keep what you like, what you don’t you send back in a prepaid envelope within the next 3 days. Your $20 styling fee goes towards your purchase and if you keep all of the items in your fix you get a 25% discount, which often basically comes out to getting one item for free. You also get a referral link you can pass along so others can give it a try too!  If they schedule a fix you get a $25.00 credit to use toward your next purchase. Mine is www.stichfix.com/referral/4732601

Once you sign up I advise you to set up a Pinterest board and add it's link to your style profile. I did this and suggested my friends do the same. Some even added me as a contributor to their boards. I find Stitch Fix items I like and pin them, stating what I like about each item. For example: I love the back cut out details of this top and the fact that it's a bit longer, it doesn't hit right at the hips. Or, I love this color block dress with pockets, fun and functional for work. I'm sure to put in my profile if I'm crossing my fingers for a specific item like a comfortable pair of boyfriend jeans. I don't need accessories at this moment so I also request to not receive those. So far I've been pleased with my experiences. I feel like the stylists have listened to my wants, needs, likes and dislikes. 

March 2015

This month my stylist sent me some real gems. She pulled one top off my Pinterest board. The others were items she thought I'd like.

The first was the Pixley Florence colorblocked dress.
I liked this dress a lot. Navy and Kelly green are both flattering with my coloring. The cut was loose and the fabric comfortable. Had I not just bought probably 5 or 6 'church' dresses, I'd have kept this one. But since I usually only wear this style of dress once a week (stay at home mom) and I already have cute dresses in navy and this green, I decided to return it. But it wasn't an easy choice. It was really cute.

Next up was the Millibon Philip hooded poncho. Oh my cuteness!
I love ponchos. I love gray. I love comfortable. I love hoods. This had it all! I could see myself wearing it with these black Rune Porter leggings, also in my fix, or over yoga pants to and from barre or pilates, grocery shopping, etc. It had pockets people. Pockets! I was smitten. However, it was knit. So to get it all sweaty after a class at the gym meant to hand wash it. Then I'd have to lay it flat and hope it didn't lose it's specific shape. The fact that it was knit, like a sweater, meant returning it was the right thing to do. It wasn't practical. But it was also the saddest bit, too. I really, really liked it but just couldn't see myself weekly hand washing a knit poncho that smelled like a gym. Boo.

Then there was this Skies are Blue Sia floral embroidery peasant top. 
This is the top I'd pinned in navy with white embroidery. But I love me some red so I squealed when I found this in my fix. I wore it out to dinner that night with some skinnies. Got lots of compliments and a few friends liked it enough to pin it to their boards. It's the only item I kept from this fix.

Last was this Skies are Blue Jax V-Neck button down top.
Truth be told, I never left the 90's. So this plaid top is totally my thing. The stylist guessed correctly. It wasn't flannel, it was a blouse. Very light. Very comfortable. But it was a v-neck so where you see it buttoned, that's the top button. It was hanging off me. It was a medium, as I'd put in my profile. But I think a small would have fit better. This felt like it would slide down and show a little too much for this mom of 3 little ones at any given moment. So I returned it and updated my profile, asking the stylists to send me smalls from now on. It was a cute and versatile piece, but it just swallowed me whole.

It was hard to keep just one piece this time. They were all super cute. My stylist did a good job at picking items I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment